Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Owen - 5 months old



So I'm a little late with the 5 month post. I'm tired, really tired. You aren't much of a sleeper during the night, especially lately. Your night goes something like this: 6:30PM bath, lotion & nursing, 7:15PM lay you in your crib where you'll sleep or lay quietly for about 15 minutes. For the next hour you fuss and one of us comes in every 15 minutes to put your monkey back in. Once you fall asleep, you will stay asleep until I've been asleep for about 20 minutes. It doesn't matter if I have gone to bed at 9:45 or 10:30 you still manage to wake up right as I fall asleep. You have perfect timing little man! You go back down easily & wake up again around 3 & 5. You would be content to stay up at 5, but we do our best to get you back to sleep until 7 when we get up. It works most mornings.

During the day you are incredibly happy! You're always smiling and looking around. I think you are more of an introvert at this point in your life. While you love to see what's going on, you really just want to sit with us and take it all in quietly. Sometimes when we're driving I forget you're even in the car with us. I'll realize I haven't heard a peep from you in quite a while and ask Sydney if you're asleep. You're not! You're just staring out the window, or watching your sister. I'm very thankful that you're such a calm boy right now, but do realize it wont last for long.

Over the past couple days you've really started to get the hang of rolling over. If we lay you on your back you'll flip yourself right over. You haven't fallen off anything, but we've learned we can't leave you unattended on the couch or bed anymore! You enjoy sitting up while leaning against something, but don't have the strength to do it on your own yet. Maybe if we'd stop holding you all the time you'd build up the strength, but I don't see that happening! ha!

We've pondered the thought of starting to feed you solids, but haven't made that step yet. You're just beginning to show interest in us eating so I think we're reading you right and will wait until 6 months to start a single grain cereal. You're definitely nursing well and gaining lots of weight so there is no need to start solids quite yet.

The sun is finally starting to shine this Spring and I'm looking forward to taking you for more walks in your stroller and playing outside as it warms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment