Our house is really starting to come together. Our once blank walls finally have a little decoration; and the backyard is now useable! I'm really happy with the way it's turning out, even though I know we have a ways to go.
 |
| Entry way from the stairs |
 |
| Moved our Charlot sign to this wall and will update the pictures in the frame below. |
 |
| The Charlot sign was where the round mirror is. I really like the roundness of the mirror since we have so many straight lines in the entry. |
 |
| Hallway off entry. I'm still looking for something to hang on the right side of the wall. I bought an awesome mirror to go there, but decided against it once we hung the round one above the entry bench. |
 |
| Remainder of hallway. I'm looking for a big piece of art to hang above the secretary. |
 |
| Downstairs bathroom has a Portland Scrapbook page that I love and candles on the wall. |
 |
| The living room from the upstairs. Not a lot has changed in here. Tim will be building built-ins on each side of the fireplace. We're also going to have drapery made for the two windows. It will start up on the second story window and drop all the way downstairs to the first story window. |
 |
| Tim had the great idea of putting some of the pottery we don't use on top of the cabinets, and I think it looks awesome! |
 |
| Upstairs hallway. Framed "Fruit of the Spirit" for the kids to see as they're going into their rooms & the game cabinet with a mirror above. |
 |
I tried my hand at vinyl lettering. I was pretty happy with how it turned out, but it wasn't easy! As Stacey put it, it's a great reminder as we're leaving our room to start the day, or deal with a little one waking up during the night.
|
And finally, THE BACKYARD! This has been the biggest project! It started out as a mud & rock pit. Tim has spent so many hours working on our yard. Over 20 yards of dirt had to be brought in to make the yard plantable. Tim had to rake TONS of rocks out, help form & pour the patio, plant grass, and I'm sure more that I'm leaving out. He has worked very, very hard!
 |
| Our shade garden on the right, just after we planted it. Across the back of the fence is the start of our fruit & vegetable garden. We're going to be planting 3 fruit trees in those open spots you can sort of see in this picture and the next. |
 |
The rest of our garden & the shed. We're still contemplating what to do with this part of the yard. Our latest plan is to pour pea gravel from the patio to the shed and lay flag stone across the top, and then along the fence line between the 2 fence posts where the wheelbarrow is, Tim will build a wood planter box for berries - Yum!
|
Tim also hung a cafe curtain in the laundrry room, which I couldn't get a good picture of. I'm on the hunt for valances to hang above the kitchen sink & the bathtub in our room. Easy ways to bring a little color into the house!
No comments:
Post a Comment