Friday, October 21, 2011

Owen - 11 Months




You are crawling all over the house & trying to pull yourself to the standing position in your crib and against furniture. You are so happy to be mobile!

You love to eat in your highchair, and have started trying to climb up when you are hungry. You eat 3 meals a day and love to snack on finger foods like Cheerios, Puffs, Hard Boiled Eggs, Avocado & Green Beans. You still nurse throughout the day and we just started mixing whole milk in your bottles when daddy is home with you. This is in attempt to try to wean you at one, but we'll see how that goes. I don't think it's something you'll easily give up.

The past week has been tough in the sleep department. You've been waking up 2-3 times at night, and not always taking your regular 9-11am & 1-2:30pm naps. Daddy & I think it's because your top front 4 teeth are coming in. Your top right front tooth is just starting to break through and the other 3 are pressing right against the surface.

You talk and babble a lot, but your favorite word is still dada! I hear dada, dadddddaaaa, dad-EEE and uh oh, all day long! It's pretty cute, except for the fact that you won't say Mama. When I ask, you laugh at me and say DADA! You're big into pulling hair and slapping faces right now. You think you're so hilarious when you do it. It is funny, for now...

Sissy is always able to make you happy! You love being with her, including our morning drives to her to school. However, As soon as she's out of the car you become upset and fuss the entire car ride home. We're going to have to fix that!

I took you on your first little play date the other day with Blake & Katie at Cafe Sip 'n Play. You did surprisingly well playing with other kids. I wasn't sure if you'd be overwhelmed, steal toys, hit, etc... but you just crawled around after everyone and smiled. I guess you really are a little young to cause too much trouble.




No comments:

Post a Comment