Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring is Here!

It's the first day of Spring! I spent the morning cleaning out Owen & Sydney's too-small Winter clothes, replacing them with Spring clothes and organizing the outdoor toy tubs in the garage - Not that we could use any of them now with the crummy weather we've been having, including snow!

This week will be spent packing up for our annual Spring Break trip to Sunriver, cleaning the house (hopefully), and a little escape to the Blazer game on Thursday night for Police & Fire Appreciation Night! Ah, a week to look forward to and a change of pace, just what I needed. This being a stay-at-home-mom job is no joke. I feel like I should have more time to get things done, when in fact I have less! I wouldn't trade it for anything though!




Update on the kids:

Sydney is done with Basketball for the season and is enjoying having more free time to play with Maddy, Gracie & Abby. She spends her after-school hours hurrying to finish homework so she can play with the girls. When she's not hanging out with the girls she's dancing in her room or being a great big-sis to Owen. While not always patient with his needs, you can tell she loves him to pieces and misses him when she is not with him.




Owen is now 16 months old. He's walking and getting into everything he possibly can! He loves to play outside even if it's raining. It's not unusual to find him banging at the slider trying to get outside to walk around in the rain. A few times now I've bundled him up and sent him out on the patio while I watch from doorway. He was as happy as could be! Owen insists on wearing his shoes all day long, whether he's dressed for the day, or still in his footie pajamas! He's always ready to leave the house to go to OMSI or the pool!




   The boy is babbling up a storm. When asked what his name is he says. "Ooooo!" He will try to repeat any word you ask, mostly getting the first syllable down. His current words are: Mom-Ma, Daddy, Sissy, Nana, Papa, Ball, Play, Up-up, Night-Night, Bye-Bye, Yes, Uh-oh, Ba-Ba (any drink), Crack-o (cracker), Oats (oatmeal), Ap-Ap (apple), Ah-Cado (avocado), Boon (balloon) and he likes to make dog, cat & cow sounds! His FAVORITE thing to say is Y'Welcome. He tells you "You're Welcome" during every conversation, when he should be saying please, thank you, all done, yes or no. It's hilarious. He's also taken to blowing kisses when he hears any talk of going bye-bye.
   There are currently 12 teeth in his little mouth, 3 are molars that are in the process of fully erupting. I'm amazed at how well Owen has done with teething, never having much pain from what we can tell. His dairy, soy & rice free diet seems to be working well for him, outside of him always wanting to eat since he can't seem to get full!


No comments:

Post a Comment