Tim had a fantastic idea to join a CSA this year so the kids could learn more about where our food comes from and experience a working farm. At first it sounded like more work than it was worth to drive out to the farm every week, for 26 weeks, to get our food. But I'm so glad we're doing it! I guess I forget that we do live pretty far out making a "drive to the farm" only take 15 minutes. Ha!
The kids had such a great time exploring the farm! They toured the green house to see what was getting ready to be planted in the fields next, hung out with the chickens (at least 50!) and the goat whose name is escaping me now.
I'm really glad we brought Miss Maddy with us because Sydney was a little scared of the chickens, but Maddy wasn't at all. Sydney would have headed right back to the car if Maddy hadn't been there to make her see the inside of the coop and walk around the pasture.






No comments:
Post a Comment