I'm going to be really honest here...I've never been much of a Halloween fan. I love to decorate for Fall, not so much for a scary Halloween. I only pulled out about half our Halloween decorations, and we never even made a family trip to the Pumpkin Patch this year. Owen & I did sneak in a weekday trip to the patch with Leigh & Baby Garrett where we picked out a pumpkin for Owen. And thankfully, Sydney was lucky enough to go to a sleepover Halloween Party where they had a carving contest, and she came home with a pumpkin. Our front porch was festive with the pumpkins and corn stalks from our garden!
About a month before Halloween I received an email about Howl-oween at Great Wolf Lodge and decided it would be the PERFECT way to spend Halloween night! Both kids have so much fun, and I wouldn't have to deal with an insane Halloween night in our neighborhood. We have an estimated 300 kids who come through and it's just crazy! Knowing Sydney would have a lot more fun with a friend, we invited Maddy to come with us. BEST.IDEA.EVER! The girls had so much fun together running all around the lodge playing ShadowQuest, swimming in the waterpark multiple times, Starbucks, Dippin' Dots, etc... It gave Tim & I the freedom to let Owen do what he wanted to do and not have to drag him around to whatever Sydney wanted. Owen had the time of his life swimming, playing in the arcade, watching the Clock Tower Show twice, Story Time at night & the Costume Parade. The trick or treating didn't stock them up with as much candy as they would have received at home, but no one complained!
This should be an annual tradition!
 |
| Amazing Balloon Spider! Took the man 4, 12 hour days to make this! |
 |
| First place Sydney goes as soon as we arrive - to her perch! |
 |
| Happy Halloween from The Twins! |
 |
| All dressed up & ready to Trick or Treat! |
 |
| Buzz meets Rainbow Brite |
 |
| Tim rocked the wig! |
 |
| Hurry, Hurry get to the candy! |
 |
| Lookin' Good, Kids! |
 |
Balloon Animals at the end of the Trick or Treat Trail! Fishing Rod w/ Fish, Butterfly & Puppy.
|
 |
| Mama & Buzz |
 |
Every time we walked by this Owen had to stop to say Hi and wind the penny wheel. He was so happy when he finally got to make his own souvenir penny! |
 |
| Evening Spooky Story Time |
 |
| Owen & Rachel the Raccoon. |
 |
| Clock Tower Show, round 2. |
 |
| Dippin' Dots! They even had a dairy free option for Owen. He was SUPER happy! |
 |
| Cuties! |
 |
The girls caught me at Starbucks while I was waiting for my Skinny Peppermint Mocha. They convinced me they were so hot from running around doing ShadowQuest that they needed a cold beverage :) |
What a fun idea! Was it super crowded?
ReplyDeleteIt was busy, but not overly crowded at all!
ReplyDelete