Monday, June 8, 2009

To Do List...



Planning a wedding in one summer can be overwhelming.

Moving, ending the school year, planning a wedding, a trip to Huntington Beach, a trip to Hawaii, and looking for a new home in one summer is really overwhelming.

What a blessed life I live! It could be worse :)

In order to keep myself on track and accountable, To whom? Well I don't know... I need to start myself a to do list. Here it goes...

*Pick songs for the DJ, including processional and first dance.
*Create slide show for reception
*Design photo book to use as guestbook
*Schedule tastings for wedding cake or cupcakes (Beaverton Bakery, Saint Cupcake)
*Schedule tasting with Premiere Catering and confirm menu
*Figure out what the heck my handsome future husband will be wearing at the wedding
*Buy handsome future husband's ring!
*Design programs and buy embosser
*Finish our Theknot.com website before invitations are mailed out
*Register (Where?!)
*Order sparklers and monogrammed match books
*Purchase unity candle and pillar candles
*Reserve shuttle to take guests from The Aerie to downtown Portland after reception
*Flower arrangement designs - Colors? Ribbon? Floating Candles? Hurricanes?
*Finish guest lists for wedding, bridal showers, and bachelorette party
*Search for addresses for aforementioned lists.

Could there be more things that I am forgetting? Most likely.

Here is what has been done already! You know, the important stuff.

*Reserved the site for the wedding and reception at The Aerie
*Ordered invitations
*Ordered my dress
*Met with Jessica Shepard to confirm photography package.
*Confirmed that our floral designer Dorinda is available.
*Confirmed that Terry is available to DJ.

This list looks awfully small. But it's all coming together, piece by piece.

5 comments:

  1. Also on to do list....
    Let your sister know what she can help with! I know I have the programs but I am willing and able to do more. We should go paper shopping sometime soon! Hey, I wonder if we could set up something on smilebox and copy that over to your photo slide show so it looks all that much spiffier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to suggest Dorinda. She just did my best friend Michelle's wedding and WOW! She was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so I don't think my second comment came though so..... I was just thinking about how stoked I am about a fall wedding. My favorite color pallet. A few years back for a friends wedding, we cut GIANT maple leaves and pressed them about a week before the wedding. We used them like place mats under white china. Really stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that what your bouquet is going to be???? I LOVE it! So beautiful!

    As much planning as there is to do for a wedding, it's all so fun! I want to plan a wedding all over again!

    Just remember to have FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vanessa - I don't know what my bouquet will look like yet. I just really liked the picture and it matched our colors (Navy blue and Grass green). It has been pretty hard to find blue flowers, but I'm sure Dorinda will come up with something awesome!

    It was so good to run in to you today!! We need to get together soon and really catch up!

    ReplyDelete