Friday, December 14, 2012

Update on the kids

So, I've run out of space for photos on our blog. Apparently you are only given so much, per account. Since I'm too cheap to buy space and I don't know how to build my own blog to transfer everything over it'll just have to be my words for now...

I've missed updating on Owen's 2nd birthday a month ago! I have great photos of his Pinterest inspired Elmo Birthday Party, but we'll save those for another time. Owen had a blast and was a very blessed boy in the toy and clothing department!
About a week after his party we took him in for his 2 year check up. Check out these stats:
Height- 3' 2.25" (99.6 %)
Weight- 32lb. 3oz. (89.2 %)
Future Football Star?! His dairy, rice, soy free diet is definitely working! Speaking of that, our pediatrician & allergist said we could start to reintroduce dairy in the spring. We've already let him have little bits of soy and it is not causing any major reactions! Yay!





Owen's current interests and super kid skills include talking in 2 word sentences, if not 3-4 word sentences all day long! He's a chatter box! He wants to be a "big boy," which includes not wanting to ride in the shopping cart at the store, and drinking out of a cup without a lid and NO help. He's very much into playing basketball from the moment he wakes up between 5-6:30am until he goes to be around 7:30-8pm. If he's not playing ball then he's asking to watch Elmo, or his new favorites Thomas the Tank or Yo Gabba Gabba!

Sydney is doing really well in basketball! She practices 2x a week and begins her games in January. She really is talented and is working on being more aggressive on the court! Tim has explained to her how much more awesome she could be if she took out her anger toward her parents on the other girls on the court instead :)

She also joined the choir at her school! She stays after school once a week with a group of about 40 other 4th & 5th graders to practice. They just finished their first Christmas performance yesterday, and did fantastic! Again, I have photos & video, but can't post it. This performance was supposed to take place at Clackamas Town Center, but due to the horrific shooting the day before it was moved to the school. They also have another performance at a Retirement Center coming up! Sydney is excited!

That's it for now! I feel up to date!

No comments:

Post a Comment