What a weekend, and it's not over yet!
As soon as Sydney arrived home from school on Friday she ran over to the Olsen's to take care of the dogs (who she's been dog sitting since Wednesday,) before we drove to Nana's house. Max & Mya brought pizza over to share and Sydney & Owen stayed for a sleepover! Tim & I enjoyed a rare overnight date night with drinks at The Verdict Bar, followed by drinks & an amazing Scottish dinner at The Highland Still House with Dad & Sue!
I was so exhausted. I was ready for bed. I could have sworn I was going to look at the clock and it would read at least 11pm. Imagine my surprise when it read 7:53pm! We ended the night with a little visit back at Dad & Sue's beautiful new home before driving home and falling asleep by 10.
This morning Tim & I didn't wake until 7:15! It was so relaxing to wake up on our own and jump right in the shower. I didn't have to make my way through the dark house at 6am with Owen whining for a drink & "Yo Gabba Gabba, Please Mama!" While I'm trying to make my coffee to wake up & warm up! We ended up having breakfast at Dean's Homestyle Cafe. Since we made it in by 8, we had no wait for a table! Mmm, delicious food!
At 10 we picked the kids up from Nana's. I took Sydney straight to Lexi's birthday party at Gresham Skate World while Tim & O went shopping for new snowboarding boots. Sydney was back home by 2 and we got ready to go meet Stacey & Max for The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe play at the Newmark Theater downtown, followed by frozen yogurt! Sydney was invited for another sleep over, this time at Aunt Stacey & Uncle Alex's house!
It's now midnight, even though I am exhausted and we still have a busy day of shopping at the mall with Nichole & her kids coming up tomorrow. I felt like documenting a fun weekend would be well worth my time and something to look back on years ahead when I wonder what it was we used to do all the time!
No comments:
Post a Comment