Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ultrasound - 21 weeks & 2 days!



Click on pictures for a larger view!

I received a last minute call yesterday on my way to drop Sydney off at Girl Scouts Camp, to schedule our ultrasound. Due to the insurance change we had to get in quickly in order to stay within the 18-22 week window. I had a little bit of a panic attack when they gave me the only options of 7:30 AM or 3 PM the next day! Sydney is in camp until 3 PM and we didn't have anyone to pick her up. On the other hand, what was I going to do with her at 7:30 AM & Tim would then have to rush to leave the fire station and meet me at the hospital. We ended up taking the morning appointment thanks to our wonderful neighbors The Olsen Fam who said "Of course!" to my request to send Sydney across the street to their house at 7 AM. Tim made it to the hospital before me and we started the ultrasound right on time!

Seeing how much the baby has grown since the 10 week ultrasound was just amazing, for lack of a better word. Baby Charlot now looks like a real baby, or a little monkey according to Tim! He/She is so cute already! The baby's heart rate was 141 during the ultrasound which was a lot lower than it had been at previous appointments. The baby is usually only awake and moving around a lot between 10-11:30 AM & 8:30-11 PM. We may have just caught him/her at a good time. Baby Charlot measured at 22 weeks & 3 days, so about a week and a day ahead of where I really am. Does that mean a big baby or early delivery? I'm hoping for the latter!

The tech commented on how calm and cooperative the baby was. She was able to get all the important pictures of the brain, spine, stomach & heart right away. I think we may have hope for a not-so-high-strung baby! All the measurements and pictures seemed to be just what they wanted to see. The tech did have to come back and take some additional pictures of the heart after talking to the doctor, but she said that was just because of the position of the baby and not being able to get a clear picture the first time. We'll have the full review of the ultrasound at our next prenatal appointment. I'm anxiously awaiting that!

No comments:

Post a Comment