Monday, August 30, 2010

Responder Life Northwest Family Escape 2010

This weekend we attended the Responder Life Northwest Family Escape at the Washington Family Ranch in Antelope, OR with the Ivester Family. What an amazing experience for us! We spent 3 days without TV, Internet or Cell Phone service! There were so many fun activities planned that we didn't have a free moment to think about the electronics we were missing. A good lesson for us!

Sydney enjoyed attempting to climb the rock wall, swimming in the pool for hours & jumping off the high and low dives, Kids Olympics, & spending time in the Kids Club while us parents were in training sessions. I really worried about how Sydney would react to all the walking we had to do throughout the camp and the long busy days, but she was in heaven with Drew & Lucy the whole time. I also think it helped to have a schedule to follow, yummy meals all planned out in the dining hall, and a relaxed mommy & daddy who were more patient than normal.
Even being pregnant I had so much fun. I sat by the pool for hours with Jenny talking about marriage & faith as the daddies and kids played in the pool. Jenny is so encouraging & amazing to talk to! I know we're all looking forward to going back next year. More so, I'm looking forward to experiencing parts of the camp we didn't get to this year, like the zip line that lands in the lake, the Screamer swing that Tim & Chris rode on, the skate park for Sydney, & the climb to the top of Communication Hill with Tim.

What a great way to end the summer! Sydney is back to school on Wednesday.

1 comment: