Monday, September 27, 2010

Happy First Anniversary

They say time flies when you're having fun! It truly seems like just a few months ago we were saying "I do," moving into our new house & beginning life as husband and wife. Now we've been married for a year & have a baby on the way. What a lot to take in, in one year. I wouldn't change any of it, but I also think slowing the pace the next few years is a really good idea!

Tim and I spent our first anniversary with a weekend getaway to Seattle. The weather was beautiful the entire weekend. No need for a coat or umbrella - Now that's saying a lot for a fall weekend in Seattle!
We stayed downtown at the Executive Hotel Pacific. This quaint hotel was a good choice, except for a lack of AC in the rooms. This pregnant mommy can't sleep without a fan or AC on. However, the location was wonderful & the Seattle's Best Coffee Shop connected to the lobby made it worth it.
Our first afternoon we spent wandering the streets of Seattle & made our way down to the famous Pike Place Market. Tim has never been to Seattle so I knew this had to be one of our first stops. We watched the flying fish, listened to live music, saw hundreds & hundreds of Dahlia bouquets, along with amazing varieties of vegetables, seafood, pastas, sausages, pastries & more. The smells were incredible!
Sazerac was our favorite restaurant during this trip, conveniently located across the street from us at Hotel Monaco. We enjoyed happy hour on Saturday night & then came back Sunday morning for brunch before the Seahawks game. I'm looking forward to coming back here next time!
When planning our anniversary trip I wanted to, of course, plan something that both of us would enjoy. With a baby on the way, our options were somewhat limited. Knowing Tim loves football, and that I've never been to an NFL game, going to a Seahawks game sounded like a perfect plan. It was - We had a great time! I couldn't believe the number of fans dressed up for this game in jerseys with painted faces and hair. We were definitely in the minority without Seahawks garb on. We'll be buying jerseys for our next game, for sure!

This first year has been a whirlwind, but we've made it through on top. I couldn't ask for a better husband, or father for our kids. Tim is such an amazing man who works hard each and every day to take care of his family. I know we are his top priority and that's a good place to be! Love you to pieces, Tim!

No comments:

Post a Comment